Merry Christmas everyone.
I received the following interesting article in my email today pertaining to the connection between breakfast and heart attacks.
While I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information I always prefer to err on the side of caution. Hence I’m sharing the article here.
As many of us are approaching 30 yrs old with some are already in 30s, we should be kind and gentle to our body. The least that we could do is to be moderate in everything we do and watch out on our food intake. Eat healthy food.
Breakfast – Heart Attack
For those who always skip breakfast, drink at least a glass of orange juice.stay healthy! 🙂 You’ve heard many times that ‘Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.’ Now, recent research confirms that one of the worst practices you can develop may be avoiding breakfast. Why?
Because the frequency of heart attack, sudden death, and stroke peaks between 6:00 a.m.and noon,with the highest incidence being between 8:00 a.m.and 10:00 a.m.
What mechanism within the body could account for this significant jump in sudden death in the early morning hours? We may have an answer. Platelets, tiny elements in the blood that keep us from bleeding to death if we get a cut, can clump together inside our arteries due to cholesterol or plaque buildup in the artery lining. It is in the morning hours that platelets become the most activated and tend to form these internal blood clots at the greatest frequency.
However, eating even a very light breakfast prevents the morning platelet activation that is associated with heart attacks and strokes.
Studies performed at MemorialUniversity in St.Johns, Newfoundland found that eating a light, very low-fat breakfast was critical in modifying the morning platelet activation. Subjects in the study consumed either low-fat or fat-free yogurt, orange juice, fruit, and a source of protein coming from yogurt or fat-free milk).
So if you skip breakfast, it’s important that you change this practice immediately in light of this research. Develop a simple plan to eat cereal, such as oatmeal or Bran Flakes, along with six ounces of grape juice or six ounces of orange juice, and perhaps a piece of fruit.
This simple plan will keep your platelets from ticking together, keep blood clots from forming, and perhaps head off a potential heart attack or stroke.
I received this article via email. It is one of those mails which circulate amongst a close circle of family and friends.
I usually skim through these mails but this particular one caught my eye because it dealt with the scourge of humanity, cancer. Upon reading the article in full I found it to be informative and logical. While I cannot vouch for the authencity of the contents, I have decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. I could not detect any item in there which would be detrimental to our health and have decided to share it here. Nevertheless please exercise your own discretion when you read the article below.
Hope you will find it interesting and may it one day help to save lives:
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person’s lifetime.
3. When the person’s immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.
CANCER CELLS FEED ON:
a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in color. Better alternative is Bragg’s aminos or sea salt.
b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk cancer cells are being starved.
c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of he althy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts)and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water-best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
f. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines become putrified and leads to more toxic buildup.
g. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body’s killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
h. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body’s own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body’s normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
i. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
j. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.
I found out today that Pelikan would be releasing a new premium fountain pen called the Majesty withthe model number of M7000. The press release can be found here: Pelikan press release on the Majesty M7000 fountain pen
Here are some mouth watering photos of the Majesty (courtesy of Pelikan):
The first thing you will notice about the Pelikan Majesty fountain pen is the absolutely beautiful barrel made of fluted sterling silver Ag 925 which is coated with platinum. The nib is a two toned 18K gold handcrafted nib. From the picture it seems that the overall finishing of the pen is excellent as can be expected from Pelikan.
While the platinum coated sterling silver barrel is a show stopper by itself, the Pelikan Majesty fountain pen conceals a unique secret. The barrel casing can be removed to reveal the very familiar differential piston filling mechanism with a visually appealing and functional transparent ink reservoir.
I will be eagerly awaiting the arrival of the M7000 pen to Malaysian shores. My favourite pen specialist shop, Pengallery is expecting to offer the Pelikan Majesty M7000 sometime in the second half of April. I really can’t wait to get my hands on one.