The Sinn Ultimate U-A has finally reached Malaysian shores. This Hour Glass exclusive edition is limited to 200 pieces worldwide. Since it’s official announcement last year it’s been the Ultimate U model that many Sinn fans have been anxiously waiting for.
The Sinn Ultimate U-A is the largest watch in the Sinn’s best selling U diver series, with a case diameter of 47mm. It was created and made specially by Sinn for the Hour Glass to commemorate the company’s 30th anniversary celebrations in Singapore. While the details on the exclusive arrangement is not available it is hoped that the Ultimate U model will not enter into serial production and thus maintaining the exclusivity of this particular model.
Here are some quick and dirty pics which were taken yesterday. The relatively poor phone cam quality is regrettable and do not do justice to the watch. You have to see it and feel it in person to truly appreciate this piece of rugged timepiece which may well be the Ultimate tool/diver watch.
Sinn Ultimate U-A compared to PAM000. 47mm case versus 44mm. Note that in this shot the Sinn is elevated from the table due to the rubber strap’s relative lack of flexibility, while the PAM is lying flat on the table, hence the wide angle lens made the Sinn look larger than it actually is compared to the PAM.
Another side by side comparison. The relative proportions of both watches are more realistically shown here.
Close up shot. Note the stealthy Submarine logo which reflects the submarine steel used in the watch casing. Note that red fonts are used in the date window, with the exception of the number 30 which is in white to commemorate the Hour Glass’s 30th anniversary.
Another close up shot.
Technical Data (taken from the press release)
Model Ultimate U- A (U212) – The Hour Glass limited edition 200 pieces worldwide
– Large size 47 mm with a bigger crown
– Backcase engraved with “Ultimate U-A and The Hour Glass Limited Edition 200”
– Bezel with minute division snapping at different intervals
– According to technical demands of diver’s norm DIN 8306
– Submarine steel with TEGIMENT technology, pearl-polished, seawater resistant
– Unremovable diver’s rotating bezel hardened to 1,500 HV
– Screw-down crown
– Sapphire crystal, anti-reflective on inside
– Water resistant according to DIN 8310
– Pressure resistant up to 100 bar ( = 1,000m water depth)
– Safe below atmospheric pressure
– Special dial embossed with the outline of a submarine
– White markers Indices with white long-luminous special paint
– Red date display at 3 o’clock, white date display on 30th of each month
– White and red hands application with long-luminous special paint
– Mechanical movement (ETA 2892-A2) with self-winding mechanism
– 21 jewels and 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
– Anti-magnetic according to DIN 8309
– Shock resistance according to DIN 8308
– Hours, minutes, sweep seconds with stop-seconds
– Date at 3 o’clock
– Hardened diver’s rotating bezel with luminous triangle
– Inactive luminous hands and indices + 12
– Date in dial aperture
2 Straps: Silicone rubber strap plus bonus leather strap
Guarantee: 2 years
- Press Release on Watchprosite
- Sinn SEA Timepieces Library
- Official Announcement on Sinn Club South East Asia
- More pics on Watchprosite